The SSBV is committed to fostering excellence in valuation practice by:
- providing a forum for valuation specialists in the United Kingdom
- advancing the knowledge of its members
- promoting the highest standard of ethics in valuation practice.
Members of the SSBV are all valuation specialists who may focus on one or a number of the following areas:
- valuations for commercial transactions, including valuations under a company's articles of association, a shareholders' or joint venture agreement
- valuations for dispute resolution purposes, including litigation, arbitration or mediation either as expert or adviser
- valuations as expert to determine a dispute where the parties agree to be bound by the decision of the expert
- valuations for the purposes of assessing a financial settlement in matrimonial proceedings
- valuations for financial reporting purposes including the valuation of intangibles under IFRS 3 and the valuation of share-based payments under IFRS 2
- valuations for taxation purposes, including negotiation with Tax Authorities in the UK and overseas.